Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Life with 3 kids...




I grew up in a family of six children and loved the hustle and bustle of it all, I always imagined I would love a house full of children but with three I know for sure I will never have six kids,I would not be able for it! Hats of to my mother and all the other amazing women who have raised large families!
I find that working full time as a primary school teacher and having 3 children age 11, 3 and 1, life can be fairly hectic at times, and then at other times I think, no, I've got this under control,,,but to be honest that doesn't happen often! I find myself always looking at other people and wondering how do they do it! I do think I am lucky that primary school hours and holidays are fantastic when I have small kids, I don't have to worry about getting them minded during holidays etc.

Lately I definitely feel life has gotten easier and I totally put that down to the fact that Annabel is now one. I think the baby baby stage is quite difficult as you're so much more tied to feeding them bottles, winding them, and working around their nap times. Now Annabel can feed herself her own bottles and finger food and is in a good routine, and (I hope I'm not jinxing myself by writing this)...sleeps all night. I find we can come and go a lot easier. What I probably find most difficult is bringing the eldest boy Senan to all his different activities. But thankfully I have great friends and family who are always able to help out, having a good network of people around you is vital I think,,, and not being afraid to ask for help. I often feel bad asking for people to help out, but I don't think I'd get through a full week (day sometimes) without the help of family and friends.
I do suffer with huge guilt that I don't spend enough time with my kids, or that I'm on my phone too much, or that the eat too many sweets, but I think most parents out there feel like that.
I definitely love and need my 'me time'. I work with small kids all day and come home to kids so I do think for my sanity I need some quiet time! I love meeting friends for a coffee, or when the weather gets nicer I love going for a jog, I find it fantastic for clearing my head.
I feel like I could write so much about life at the moment, but I don't want to bore you all so if there's anything you'd like to ask feel free to leave a comment x


No comments:

Post a Comment