Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend in Kilkenny

Just a quick post today, I've been quite busy since I went back to work so I was really looking forward to my night away in Kilkenny city for my friends 30th birthday.
We went down Saturday evening and checked into Syd Harkins. It was extremely basic but the location was fantastic! There was also a lot of noise from the street, but if your just looking for somewhere cheap and for a few hours after a night out it does the job!
We went to 'The Left Bank' pub for the 30th party. The interior is fab, so much artwork on the walls and a fantastic atmosphere, one big drawback is the location of the toilets on the 3rd floor! After the Left Bank we went to Morriseys for some dancing, although maybe I'm showing my age but it was very full and lots of very messy people!
The next morning the sun was shining and we went for a lovely stroll around the castle and gardens, absolutely gorgeous! We chose Kilkenny Design Centre for coffee and scones, the food looked amazing, lovely dinners, mouth watering desserts and my scone was yum! If your ever in Kilkenny it is definitely worth a visit, not only for the food but also for the gift shop which has such an amazing array of Irish crafts and products.
It was a short visit but I enjoyed it so much, great catching up with friends and enjoying some of the wonderful sights Ireland has to offer 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment