Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Trying to lose weight after Christmas

I've been trying to get back into thiss healthy eating thing after Christmas. I wish I could say I'm at a stage where I can eat in moderation but thats just not me. I have an on and off button, no in between button! When I'm good I'm good but once I switch off, thats it I eat all around me, non stop!!
I find the easiest good habit to get into is eating porridge for breakfast, I actually love breakfast and look forward to my porridge every morning! I usually mix through some fruit, milk and I know I shouldn't but I have to have a spoonful of canderel.
Dinner can be a bit trickier because I have to think about the whole family and get meals that everybody likes. I love stir fries, they're so quick, easy and tasty. Mid week dinners also usually need to be fairly easy and fuss free. I usually plan my meals for the week and do my 'big' shop on a Sunday, this works best for me. But every Friday, I really look forward to my homemade pizza on weight watcher wraps, I pile them up with everything! I usually make the kids a pizza on a roll out base or just nuggets and wedges.

I figure if I've been fairly good during the week I enjoy whatever I like at the weekends. We usually either get a take away or go out for dinner. My downfall is sweets and chocolate and biscuits (I'm not really a crisp person.) I find the easiest thing is just not to have them in the house! 
I try to go to Weight Watchers every week, so far I have shifted any of the extra Christmas pounds but I'll keep at it and hopefully they'll disappear! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment