Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Easy baking with kids


This evening I was wrecked, I had played as much 'farming' with TJ as I could take..,which was all of about 10 minutes, I'm just not very good at playing farming! TJ would have happily sat glued to the iPad, but I always feel guilty if he spends too long on it. I remembered I had gotten a jar of Bake it Easy cookie oat mix in my goodie bag from the Irish bloggers conference last weekend so I decided this evening would be the perfect evening to try it out. 


It was so easy and didn't make an absolute mess! All I needed along with the jar was butter, honey and an egg...which thankfully I had! 


Tj did all the mixing and stirring and spooned the mixture out onto the baking tray. Ok,,, there was no weighing or measuring ingredients, but to me it was time better spent than on the iPad! I wasn't sure if I had to flatten out the blob when I put it on the tray so I left them fairly big but, they didn't really spread so next time I would flatten them a bit more. 
After 12 minutes in the oven they were done! All of us liked the taste of the cookies...except TJ 😂 I'm not surprised, I'd say it was the oat texture he didn't like as oppose to the taste. 
I see on their Instagram page they are selling 2 jars for €10. I would definitely buy these again,,,they really do what they say on the tin and I love that they are an Irish company. 
This is my own honest opinion. 




No comments:

Post a Comment