Pages

Friday, April 22, 2016

Birthday parties...

I love a good theme for a birthday party! Over the years I've had lots of parties for the boys and I genuinely love the prep involved,,,I also love that I've gotten better (I think) at planning their parties,,, practice makes perfect as they say!
(If your looking for a girls party I've only thrown the one so far, and I warn you there was a lot of pink! Annabels 1st Birthday Party )

I think we are so lucky that we now have Pinterest for unlimited supply of inspiration,,,although this can sometimes be a curse when our own parties never quite get that same 'pinterest perfect' look! Also, I find shops like Dealz and Eurogiant brilliant for party supplies that don't break the bank. Also there is such a wealth of talent on Etsy if your organised enough to give yourself time to order off them.  


Here are some of my top boy themed birthday parties, usually the theme is whatever the boys were 'into' at that stage, I hope it gives some inspiration!

1. Soccer Theme...
We sent out soccer shaped invitations and everyone was asked to wear a jersey to the party. We were lucky with the weather and the kids spent most the time outside playing a soccer match and a penalty tournament



2. Farm Theme...
This was a mix of a cow theme and a farm theme! We went for John Deere green! The balloons were just white and I cut out and stuck on black cow pattern shapes. My sister printed the logo for his tshirt on iron on paper, it was so cute for the day but didn't wash well.
(As you can see the green table cloth was re-used from the soccer party!)



3. Magician Theme...
We had a magician for Senans 7th birthday party and he was amazing,,, he entertained the adults as much as the children! This would be great for a winter party where bouncy castles aren't really an option! I made the cake 



4. Superhero Theme...
For Senans 5th party we had a superhero theme by the lake. The invite asked everyone to wear a superhero costume if they wanted to,,,Senan was Superman obsessed at that stage so he wore his Superman costume and we had a superman cake. We went with blue and red balloons and table wear but other than that kept it fairly simple!

This was Senans 5th birthday, serious reminiscing here!


No comments:

Post a Comment