Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Baby shower party!

I know this is going back a while but I was browsing through old pictures and thought I'd write a quick post about my baby shower just in case anyone is thinking of organising one!

I was about 8months pregnant for my shower, I got my cream lace dress in H&M, it wasn't actually a maternity dress just a few sizes bigger! My beige wedges I got in Dunnes Stores.
I made the invitations for the shower myself (lots of free time back then!)
Baby Shower Invitations     


I was lucky enough to have my sister and mother do the majority of organising for my baby shower. I didn't know if it was a boy or girl so we went with neutral colours! We had buns and cakes with tea and coffee. The main cake of a baby bump myself and my sister made! It was a chocolate biscuit cake with roll out icing on top, again, I had lots more time on my hands back then before the baby was born!
Baby Shower            
During the baby shower we also had a few games organised, while it seemed a bit awkward to get
them going at first, once everyone got stuck in they were great fun and I would definitely recommend playing some!
The first was easy, everybody had to guess and write down what weight they thought the baby would be (some crazy guesses!) and when they thought it would arrive! My friend Nicola was nearest with the weight and my mother nearest with the date.
The next game was a roll of ribbon was passed around with a scissors and everybody had to cut of a length they thought would fit around my tummy (have plenty of ribbon!) and then I tried each one on, this was great fun and someone actually had the length almost spot on!
Next we had a card with different attributes (eyes, ears, nose etc.) and people had to fill in who they thought the baby should/would take after! Some interesting answers! :)
Our final game was just a quick multiple choice quiz, the questions were aimed around baby facts, it gave us lots to chat and laugh about!
My mother made gorgeous white rose flower arrangements in glass vases as party favours that everyone got to bring home.

It was such a fun, special day with family and friends.

Baby Shower Games





No comments:

Post a Comment