Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Ever have one of those weeks....that was just brilliant!

I had a full week off work this week which was lovely, especially since I'm only about 4 weeks back at work! Anyhow, my week off is nearly over and I'm just reflecting on how enjoyable it was! Just a perfect mix of kiddie time and me time!

I don't want to come across like I'm gloating because normally my weeks are fairly mundane and un-iteresting which made it even more important that I document the past week so I can look back and remember, you know what, life isn't all that bad or boring!

The Saturday of the May bank I met a friend in Malahide and we had a quick browse in Cari's Closet, some fabulous dresses and lovely friendly helpful staff. After that we popped back into Dublin Zoo with our kids, it was packed because of the nice weather but we enjoyed our afternoon strolling around looking at all the animals. Sunday was a day at home, no galavanting and I actually got into a cleaning frenzy (trust me, it does not happen often!) I even squeezed in a 5mile run, what a productive day! Bank holiday Monday we went to my local schools 50 year anniversary reunion, it was lovely seeing old faces and my brother had a piece of art work displayed especially for the occasion, he is so talented and his artwork looked amazing! After that I went to a hurling match, you know it's summer when there are constant GAA matches! But it was such a sunny day it was lovely to stand outside and watch the game, and to make it even better the team my boyfriend was on won :) To round off our Bank Holiday weekend off my boyfriend and I went to The Park Hotel (in Mullingar) for a quiet drink. In the picture I'm holding a wine glass but as you might have read in other posts I don't drink so its just 7up in the glass! I just prefer drinking out of the wine glass, call me crazy!
I am on a hunt for a dress to wear to my sons Communion this month so myself and 2 friends went to Dublin on Tuesday for a day of shopping! We started on Grafton Street, had a quick Starbucks coffee break and went over to Henry Street, after looking in soooo many shops I didn't find a dress, I ended up a bit stressed that I couldn't find a dress but we did get lovely food at The Church restaurant, very tasty! Cheered me right up!
Wednesday was a day at home with the kids, Senan loves when I (try) play the Xbox with him and TJ was happy watch me rearrange the wardrobe as I sang and played with him. Wednesday night I went to a play 'Move over Mrs Markham' in the Mullingar Arts Centre, it was a very witty, enjoyable show-lots of laughs!
Thursday was another kid free day and perhaps the best day of the week, I went to see The Lion King in The Bord Gais Energy Theatre, we went to the matinee show and it was absolutely fantastic, probably the best show I've seen yet, my only regret was that I didn't bring my 8 year old son, Senan, I know he would have been mesmerised by it! After the show we got a bite to eat in Elys Restaurant just across from the theatre , The food was so tasty and the waiter was so friendly and helpful, nice waiters make such a difference!
Week is nearly over, I promise! Friday I had lots of kids time in the morning, then I brought the boys on some more dress shopping in Navan! My main reason was to check out Ollie and Mac Boutique which I follow on Facebook and they are always posting fab dresses, I tried on a nice purple peplum dress but it just wasn't what I wanted for the Communion. Friday night I went for dinner to celebrate my friends 30th birthday, I can't believe it's all 30th's, feel like just yesterday we were celebrating our 21st's! We ate at Dominiques Restaurant in Mullingar, the food was amazing, I got the vegetarian filled peppers (I'm not vegetarian) and it was just divine! For dessert I got the chocolate brownie, unfortunately it was full of raisins and nuts which wouldn't be my favourite personally but 100% intend of going there again so will try out some of the other desserts! The food was presented so nicely and there was such a buzz and atmosphere in the restaurant it was lovely! I did have to leave straight after dinner though because the baby was awake and giving out, I think he may have bad
wind, he settled eventually!
Saturday and Sunday were normal, grocery shopping, parents over for dinner, hanging out with the kids, catching up on washing and watching Kim and Kourtney Take Miami! Back to work and normality in the morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment