Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

How I try make my life easier

I think one of the reasons I love reading blogs and watching reality shows all the time is because we can learn so much from each other. Sometimes I feel we take for granted there is just one way of doing things, we grow up watching our mothers, who watched there mothers! However, in reality there are so many different ways to live out lives, raise our children, what to wear, what to eat, how to exercise, the list goes on! I love hearing new advice/information that can help make my family life easier and more enjoyable but also I love striving to live the best life I can live! Even if those around me think I'm a bit cracked! You can't make everyone happy all of the time, but as long as you stay true to yourself and what makes you happy and as long as your not intentionally trying to hurt anyone else, do what you want, the way you want! :)
Anyhow, that said, here are a few ways I like to simplify my life, or get the boring stuff done so I can spend more time on the fun stuff! ;)


How I make my life easier:

  1. I use the tumble drier, I don't own a clothes line. (I know this may not be the best thing for the environment or my electricity bill, but it really makes my life easier!)
  2. I make a menu /food plan for the week, so I'm not staring into the fridge every evening wondering what will I cook tonight!
  3. I do one big shop once a week. I write my shopping list to correlate with the food plan I've made. I even freeze the milk. This way I don't have to make any stops to the local shop. Saves time and money!
  4. I ask my boyfriend to help out. And I'm lucky to have a great family who are always willing to help! This makes an unbelievable difference, just knowing you have people you can depend on when you need a dig out is peace of mind.
  5. I use batiste dry shampoo in between showers, its not the showers I mind it's how long it takes to dry and style my hair!
  6. I use anti bacterial wipes to clean the bathroom. I give a quick clean round the sink and toilet, so a 'big' clean only has to be done every month (or two!) 
  7. I use baby wipes to clean small patches of dirt on the kitchen floor instead of having to mop the floor everyday. Actually I use baby wipes to clean so many things in my house!
  8. I don't iron clothes. I realise I'm lucky I don't have to iron men's shirts for work. What I try do is fold the clothes as soon as I can after the tumble drier is finished and for the most part they are crease free!
  9. I hired an aupair, so no drop offs or pick ups with the baby, again such a time saver. I could do a whole post on how great having an au-pair is!
  10. I bulk cook the babies food and freeze it.
  11. I bought a good Hoover and steamer, and I've never looked back, it makes things quicker but also everything looks much cleaner!
  12. Bulk buy stamps, a bit random I know but I always buy 10 stamps at a time which means I don't have to wait until Post Office opening times etc.
  13. I don't drink anymore, again, I know a bit of a random one to put in here but it honestly makes my life so much easier! I don't have hangovers and I have more money at the end of the night which makes life a lot easier! 
Do you have any other ways you make life easy for yourself? Please share! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment