Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

It's not a diet, it's being healthier...

My motto normally is 'If I exercise I can eat whatever I want!' and to be honest that has worked pretty ok for me so far.

However since I've finished training for the half-marathon the running has definitely decreased so I need to focus on my diet more. That said, I'm going to start by making a few small changes which will hopefully make a big difference!
Firstly, I never say 'I'm on a diet', personally that never works for me, what I tell myself is 'I'm on a healthy eating kick'. I know you might wonder what's the difference but to me a diet makes me think I've to sacrifice a lot of food whereas healthy eating makes me think it's something I should be doing anyway.

Healthy eating to me means:
* Everything in moderation
* Drink more water
* Swap some of my coffees for grean tea
* Eat smaller portions
* Eat slower and chew more
* Eat healthy snacks-fruit, veg, nuts
* Eat just one treat a day, and sit down and enjoy it.
* Take my iron tablet and multi vitamin everyday.
* A huge advantage I think is that I don't drink alcohol (can be hard to do in moderation! 😁)

I am hoping if I can do all this I will lose a few pounds. I don't own a weighing scales so this can be difficult to keep track of! What I really want is to be able to fit into my size 8 penneys skinny jeans, at the moment I'm at the annoying stage where size 8 is too tight (it does close though!) and size 10 is a bit loose and baggy.

I'm going to look up a yoga class too.

Senans communion is May 18th which is fantastic motivation to stick to my healthy eating. (I still need to go dress shopping for me!)

Wish me luck, I'll keep you updated on how it's going. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment