Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Keeping the kids busy- Idea #1

With children all over the country getting 2 weeks Easter holidays today I thought I'd share some ways I've found to keep Senan occupied during school holidays!
With all the rain outside today I thought the first one I'd share is very apt!! Senan loved making a toy boat to test out in some of the many puddles and ponds left in the fields beside us! We just used plastic containers left over from fruit and veg, Senan made a sail out of paper and stuck it to a wooden skewer (old colouring pencil would do too) we used blue tack/mala to help it stand up in the boat. Then we wrapped up well and went outside to test it out! Senan had great fun, we just used things we already had in the house and if you want it to take longer encourage your child to put lots of effort into designing and colouring the sail! I hope you have fun trying it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment