Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Plaster Paris Bump!

This was one of the most fun things I did during my pregnancy! At about 38 weeks (my bump was nice and big!) I decided to make a plaster of Paris mould of my big bump! I had my sister and some friends over to give a helping hand!
What you need:

  • Plaster of Paris (I got it in my local chemist)
  • Vaseline
  • Cling film
  • Towels (it can get messy!) 
  • Bowls of water
  • Newspaper 
I put newspaper on the floor under the chair. I wore an old bikini top and pair of shorts. I decided to do a mould from my shoulders down to under my bump, some people just do the bump. 
How to do it: 
  • Rub Vaseline all over belly and shoulders
  • Cover in cling film, it can feel tight if you wrap around your tummy and back
  • Next, wet the plaster of Paris and smooth over
  • Over lap the layers-no gaps
  • Do at least 2 layers 
  • Leave to dry/set for about 15 mins.
  • Carefully remove and leave to dry
I just left mine as it was but if you like you could paint and decorate it! 

If I'm having a 'fat day' I can just pop on my 'bump' and suddenly I don't feel as fat as I thought I was!! :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment